World

Hamas Fires Rockets at Tel Aviv as Israel Renews Gaza Ground Offensive

Fighting Escalates After Ceasefire Collapse, Ground Operations Resume Across Gaza

Hamas launched three rockets at Tel Aviv on Thursday, marking its first known attack on the city since Israel resumed its military offensive in Gaza earlier this week. Israel’s military said it intercepted one missile, while the other two landed in uninhabited areas.

The escalation follows the breakdown of a ceasefire agreement that had held since January. Since fighting resumed on Tuesday, over 590 Palestinians—including more than 200 children—have been killed, according to the Hamas-run Gaza health ministry.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed a renewed ground operation, with troops entering southern Gaza's Rafah region near the Egyptian border. Israeli forces also continued their operations in northern and central Gaza, targeting what the military described as “terrorist infrastructure.”

As part of its strategy, the IDF said it aims to create a “partial buffer” between the north and south of the territory, particularly in the area known as the Netzarim Corridor.

Israel Holds Hamas Responsible for Ceasefire Collapse

The Israeli government has blamed Hamas for reigniting the conflict, accusing the group of rejecting all proposed hostage deals, including those brokered by the U.S. and others.

Israeli officials say Hamas is still holding 59 hostages, 24 of whom are believed to be alive. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday that Israel had “resumed combat in full force” and that any further negotiations would now happen “under fire.”

UN Staff Among Victims, Global Concern Grows

The United Nations confirmed that five staff members from the UN’s Palestinian refugee agency (Unrwa)—including doctors, nurses, and teachers—were killed in recent days. UN officials warned the situation could deteriorate further as the ground invasion intensifies.

One UN worker was also killed when a compound in Deir al-Balah, central Gaza, was damaged. While the cause remains unclear, Gaza’s health ministry attributed the incident to an Israeli strike. The IDF denied attacking the facility but said it was investigating.

UK Foreign Secretary David Lammy said a British national was injured in that same compound, confirming the government's support for the individual and their family.

At Nasser Hospital in southern Gaza, local residents shared tragic stories. One father, Qasim Abu Sharqiya, said his two-year-old son—born through IVF after years of trying—was killed when a nearby tent was bombed. “Omar is my only son,” he told AFP.

A doctor at the hospital described scenes of chaos, saying many victims were taken “straight to the mortuary” without even reaching the emergency room.

Hostage Families Protest, International Reactions Split

Thousands of Israelis protested in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, demanding the return of hostages. Some demonstrations led to arrests, and police used water cannons to disperse crowds.

Meanwhile, Yemen’s Houthi rebels claimed responsibility for launching a ballistic missile at Israel, aiming for Ben Gurion Airport. The IDF intercepted the missile before it entered Israeli airspace.

The White House reaffirmed U.S. support for Israel, with Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt stating that President Donald Trump “fully supports Israel and the IDF.”

Ceasefire Talks Collapse, Aid Blocked

Efforts to extend the ceasefire, which ended on March 1, have failed. Hamas reportedly offered to release a living American hostage and the bodies of four others, but Israel rejected the terms.

Israel also halted all aid—including food, fuel, and medical supplies—into Gaza, claiming Hamas was diverting the provisions. No evidence has been publicly provided to support this claim.

The current war began with Hamas's attack on Israel on October 7, 2023, which killed approximately 1,200 people and led to 251 hostages being taken. During the earlier ceasefire, 25 Israeli and five Thai hostages were released.

In response to the attack, Israel launched a large-scale military campaign. Before the latest offensive resumed, more than 48,500 Palestinians—mostly civilians—had been killed, according to Gaza’s health ministry. The conflict has caused immense destruction across the region.

Leave A Comment

Live Tv


Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to stay.